Violante turned to her daughter, saying, “Don’t suppose that because you tried once, you have done all you can. Your will is simply being tested.”
“But it’s impossible. If no one will teach me, how can I learn?”
“I don’t know the answer to that, Emilia. But I do know that when you believe something is possible and you want it more than anything, then God is on your side.”
From Nonna's Book of Mysteries
At my Alchemy Parties teenage girls take their dreams out of their heads and into the physical world through the process of making alchemy jars. After reflecting on their ambitions in a quiet moment of inspiration, teens are given supplies and personal guidance to create colorful, sparkly, unique works of art.
With pictures, words, and symbols, party participants transform their wishful dreams into clear intentions and take one more step towards reaching the stars!
Contact me if you would like more details about my alchemy parties, which are held in Chicago. These events are perfect for birthday or coming of age parties.
Of course, you can also make an alchemy jar on your own. Instructions are as follows.
- A wide mouthed jar with a lid (applesauce jars work well)
- Glue and scissors
- Colored tissue paper and scraps of colorful wrapping paper
- Decorations such as sequins, paper flowers, plastic gems, ribbons and if you like, some of the alchemical and Egyptian symbols from the color printouts.
- Photographs and pictures from old magazines or newspapers which illustrate your intention(s). For example, a movie advertisement if you intend to be an actress.
- Assorted tokens and small objects found in hobby shops which symbolize your dream. For instance, a miniature Eiffel tower if you want to travel to Paris or a tiny pair of skates if you dream of becoming an Olympic skating champion.
- Your favorite spices, salt, and flower petals to add sweetness and flavor to your dream.
- Writing paper and pens.
- One votive or small candle.
- Cut the tissue paper and wrapping paper into squares, about 2.5” x 2.5” or into other small shapes. Glue the paper to the sides of the jar until the jar is covered.
- Embellish your jar however you wish, using sequins, ribbons, plastic gems, pictures, and/or the alchemical and Egyptian symbols.
- Write your intention or goal (be very specific and use lots of details) on a piece of paper. Fold up the paper and place it inside the jar. You can put more than one intention in the jar at a time, but sometimes it’s best to concentrate on just one or two so that you stay focused.
- Place the objects and pictures which symbolize your intention inside the jar.
- Toss in your favorite spices and flowers.
- Add the candle.
- Send a big dose of love into the jar, seal it with the lid, and keep it in a place where you can look at it occasionally and be reminded of your experiment. It’s okay to peek inside or add more pictures or objects to the jar from time to time.
- When your dream comes true, light the candle and celebrate your ability to manifest!